Saturday, May 28, 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Amy and her parents are cryogenically frozen so that they can be unfrozen 300 hundred years in the future to help inhabit a newly discovered planet. Unfortunately, Amy is somehow unplugged and woken up 50 years before arrival. Her parents can't be woken up and Amy is faced with a civilization very much unlike what she left in Colorado. Amy meets Elder, the next leader of the ship. Amy and Elder start to uncover the lies that have kept peace on the ship for so long and have to try and make it right.

So good! I loved the idea of the story and there was a total twist ending. Although it was a longer book (398 pgs) I read it in 3 days. I couldn't put it down. Beth Revis really captured the life on the ship and was very detailed in all the science behind the story. Every time I thought I characters and plot ideas figured out, she'd throw a curve that made me change my mind. I'd read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment