Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

The third book in the Forest of Hands and Teeth series.

Annah has lived by herself for 3 years while she's waited for Elias to return. He finally comes home with another boy named Catcher. Unfortunately, the Unconsecrated are coming to the Dark City in hordes and it is no longer safe. Elias takes them to the Sanctuary where Annah is reunited with her twin sister Gabry. As time goes by, they begin to realize the Sanctuary isn't really as safe as they thought. They devise a plan to get off the island by hot air balloon. All they have to do is fly down the peninsula to an abandoned ship. If only it were that easy...

I think this is one of my all time favorite book series. Carrie Ryan had me hooked as soon as I started the Forest of Hands and Teeth. She really keeps you hooked. Several times I caught myself throughout the book getting upset for the main character and saying "ugh, she can't do that!" I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment