Saturday, June 22, 2019

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

For Christmas this year, my fiancee's mom wanted to do something different.  Sh had seen an idea on Facebook for a book swap.  So we tried it.  I got Doctor Sleep.  I am a big Stephen King fan and even though I haven't read anything in a while I decided to work on it.  I got so into it and I am happy to say I am back on my reading grind, just in time for the nice weather.

So here we go.

Dan Torrance is all grown up and reminding us a lot of dear old Jack.  Dan is an alcoholic and he has finally hit his bottom and decides to get out and start fresh.  Dan ends up in a small town in New Hampshire and starts his journey with AA, finally getting sober.  And he even finds a job where he can use his shine to help people.  His life seems mostly normal, until he starts getting messages from a mysterious girl.  A girl with a shine much stronger than his ever was and who is being targeted by a group who want to hurt her for her gift.  Dan is given the opportunity to help Abra, just like Dick helped him so many years ago.


I had absolutely loved the Shining so I was very excited to read this.  It started slow and it took me a while to get into it, but it really picked up and I got through it in no time.  I had also heard there was a movie being made of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment