Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

Shades of London: Book 1

Rory's parents move to England for work and she opts to go to a boarding school in London. After moving there, it seems that someone is reenacting the Jack the Ripper murders and Rory is the only one who can see the murderer.

The concept of Jack the Ripper has eluded people for years. Personally I find it quite interesting. I had taken a trip to London a few years ago and gone on a Jack the Ripper tour. I was familiar with the locations talked about in the book, but for those unfamiliar, the author provided a nice map at the beginning of the book. The concept of shades was very cool and even cooler when it was incorporated with a concept like the Ripper. I definitely cannot wait for more of these books to come out (and while I am not positive there will be another I'm being presumptuous being that this was called Book 1). London is a very haunted city so I'm hoping more books will take place there.

No comments:

Post a Comment