Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Witches of Santa Anna: Claimed and Tricked by Lauren Barnholdt

This is for books 1 and 2.  I didn't realize I had gone through two books.  I'm still getting used to my Kindle.  I bought books 1-7 for $0.99, but I haven't gotten used to how it transitions to the next book.  Also because I don't remember what happened in each book I will combine the summaries into one.

Natalia starts at a new school, after having some trouble with her ex boyfriend and rumors at her previous school.  On her first day, she meets Cam, a popular, attractive boy, but who seems to be spoken for by Raine, the in house mean girl.  Soon after Cam's friend, Brody, swoops in on Natalia, making almost every situation an awkward double date because Cam and Natalia obviously have feelings for each other.  Despite this nothing changes.  Natalia's ex-boyfriend has also started to make appearances at local restaurants and even at her school, trying to talk to her about what happened at her old school. 

The books are definitely quick reads, as are most of Lauren Barnholdt's books, but this series seems to have promise.  I'm currently on the third book and while I have my theories, I still don't know why the series is called the Witches of Santa Anna.  But I'm curious and will keep reading.  The books haven't lost my interest or anything.  I like the writing in this series better than "At the Party."  Worth the money to get on your kindle if you have one. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment