Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Immortal Circus by A. R. Kahler

I apologize this took me so long to finish.  This serial was five episodes.  I don't know if all the serials are five episodes or if they vary as this is the first one I've read.

Vivienne joins the circus and signs a contract that entails what she can and can't do there.  She also made them wipe her memory and made her boss, Mab, promise to not tell her why she wanted to join the circus or any aspects of her past.  Vivienne soon finds out that this is no normal circus.  Mab is actually Queen Mab of the Winter Court and all of the troupe are fey.  Vivienne seems to be the outcast.  She sells food and seems to be the only mortal so why would they want her?  But the more time she spends with the circus, the more she starts to see she may not be as normal as she thought.  Unexplained deaths and occurences start to happen around the circus that are clearly not supposed to happen.  They're all supposed to be immortal so how are they dying and is she next?

This was incredible!  It was $1.99 for my kindle and I had low expectations for it.  It was part of this new Kindle serial thing and I had never heard of the author before.  I couldn't put it down.  I mean obviously I did because I had school, but the story was not what I had expected by the title or the cover art.  It was so good.  I'm definitely adding A. R. Kahler to my list of authors books to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment