Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Bite: The Wicked Queen's Tale (The Dark Woods Trilogy) by Laura Briggs

The Queen has gone by many names over many years, but her magic mirror tells her that the king's daughter will be her undoing.  The Queen needs to be rid of her, but can't do so without the villagers suspecting anything.  Meanwhile Fortulla, the gardner, and the huntsman know the Queen's secret and know they need to destroy her.  They have to find out how to destroy her and protect the town.

I hated this book when I first started reading it.  Laura Briggs definitely captured the time period with her dialogue and wording and it wasn't what I expected, but don't stop reading it!  It got better and I got more into it.  This book overall was not what I thought, but a pleasant suprise.  While it may seem the story would be a snow white tale and be about the princess, it actually was more the Queen's tale and the witches she was associated with.  I'll be reading the other two books in the series at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment